DNA Body Blueprint Program Terms
Nutrisystem provides the DNA Body Blueprint program (the "Program") to its customers as a resource for understanding how your unique genetic makeup can be used to recommend diet and exercise strategies that are tailored to your genotype based on current science. You must be 18 years or older and a US resident to purchase a DNA kit from us. Adolescents aged 14-17 years require parental authorization. When you purchase the kit, either as an a la carte item or accompanying a program order, you will receive a DNA collection kit with your order. You authorize us to work with third-party laboratories to process and analyze your DNA sample for purposes of analyzing your DNA and generating your DNA Report.
How The Program Works:
Customers may purchase the kit online or through our national call center. Upon purchase we will send out a DNA collection kit and instructions for swabbing your cheek cells (cheek cells contain DNA) and returning your DNA sample for testing. Customers will need to register their kit online and mail the swabs in the stamped, addressed envelope provided, to the lab. The CLIA and CAP certified lab will process your DNA sample and analyze genetic markers that research has shown to be associated with one’s weight loss ability, macronutrient (fats, carbs and protein) utilization, how your body processes vitamin and mineral, and response to exercise for the purpose of generating a personalized DNA report. We then prepare a personalized report ("Report") for each customer based on their DNA results, and further provide tips on how it relates with the Nutrisystem program.
Customers can access Reports online via the Nutrisystem My Account under the My DNA Report page. Please note that a valid and registered email address and password are required to access and print the Report. For security purposes, we will not print, email or mail any Customer Report.
Important Information About the Program and Reports:
- The Program is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. The sole purpose of the Program is to identify whether a person has a genetic disposition associated with a higher risk of weight gain, but does not identify a person’s overall risk of becoming obese.
- Report is not intended to and should not be construed to:
- Tell customers anything about their current state of health, or to be used to make medical decisions, including whether or not to take medication, how much medication to take, or determine any treatment.
- Diagnose or prescribe whether a user has any risk for developing a disease in the future.
- Be a substitute for consulting with healthcare professionals for recommended screenings or appropriate follow-up. As such, customers should not take any medical actions based on the results of a Report without first consulting with a healthcare professional in a clinical setting. Reports are solely for informational use and not for medical, diagnostic or other use. Consult with a healthcare professional before making any major lifestyle changes based on the Report.
How does Nutrisystem protect information in regards to the Program?
Will Nutrisystem disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Nutrisystem only shares customer information regarding the Program with trusted third-party companies that assist us in providing customers with their Report, such as the third party laboratories.
When a customer registers their kit online, the kit number is linked directly to that customer. Only Nutrisystem will know what kit number is associated with an individual customer. Our lab partners only see the kit number, not a customer’s name and cannot process any sample if it is not registered with the assigned kit number.
You are strongly advised to share your personal information and account access only with people that you know and trust. We will not use any information regarding your use of the Program, including your Report without your written consent unless the information has been anonymized or aggregated so that the information does not personally identify you.
Only your DNA analysis, anonymized and de-identified, will be secured by our lab partner. Both your DNA analysis and your Report will be secured by us. You may notify us to destroy them by emailing us at Consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com from the email address on file with us. You acknowledge that Nutrisystem may retain the DNA analysis and the Report until such time it decides to delete the information or at your direction. Please note that until such time, we may use your Report to make subsequent recommendations and suggestions to you based on the information in your Report, such as recommended exercise and body reactions to certain foods and ingredients, among other things.
A designated group of qualified individuals may access your Report when you call Nutrisystem with a question about the Report.
Money Back: You may return any unopened and unregistered DNA kit to us for a full refund (less return shipping) within 30 days of receipt of your DNA kit. You must register your kit and send your sample DNA kit within 90 days of receipt of your DNA kit.