Basic Diabetes Plan
Stock your pantry with deliciousmeals and snacks. Budget friendly!
Real flexibility for real life.
You choose when to have two Flex breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks throughout the week. Our free guides and recipes make it easy! Enjoy cooking healthy at home with family—even relax with a glass of wine.
Safe. Effective. Proven.
Take control of your Type 2 Diabetes: Lose weight with Nutrisystem® D®Nutrisystem® D® plans are designed to help you lose weight to manage Type 2 Diabetes, safely and effectively, with three key components:
- The right balance of nutrients: protein, low-glycemic whole-grain carbs, fiber and healthy fats
- Meals and snacks every 2-3 hours to help keep your blood sugar levels steady and avoid spikes
- Around 1,200 to 1,500 calories each day, focused on the foods that keep you fuller, longer
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s what you get with the 4-week Basic Diabetes Plan:
- Nutrisystem® Meals and Snacks You’ll enjoy Nutrisystem® breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks five days a week, and add in Flex meals and fresh grocery items for more flexibility. Since guys require more calories, men’s plans include additional Nutrisystem snacks.
- Free NuMi® Weight Loss App Get access to fun weight loss challenges, amazing prizes, exclusive discounts, expert tips, recipes and more. Plus, it’s designed specifically for your Nutrisystem® plan, so it’s the best way to track your food, activity and progress!
- Unlimited Support Chat with our Certified Diabetes Educators, weight loss counselors and dietitians by phone or online, any day of the week.
- Free Shipping on every order, continental U.S. only.
While you’re losing weight with Nutrisystem® D®, you’ll learn healthy habits like portion control and how to shop for and incorporate the right kinds of fresh grocery foods like lean protein, low-fat dairy, fruits and veggies.
Plus, you’ll have unlimited access to our Certified Diabetes Educators, dietitians and weight loss counselors to help guide you through every step along the way.
Once you reach your weight loss goal, we can help you select the right Nutrisystem® Success® plan for you. Our Success plans incorporate the Nutrisystem® meals and snacks you love with meals you make yourself. These plans are designed to build your confidence as you return to preparing more meals on your own, and will help keep your new healthy lifestyle habits going strong.
Exercise can contribute to a healthier lifestyle, help you maximize your metabolism and burn more calories. Plus, it can help you control your blood sugar levels.
We recommend a simple approach to incorporating movement into your day:Choose any activity and do it for 10 minutes, 3 times a day. Walking the dog, running errands, doing yard work, riding your bike—it all counts!
With your Nutrisystem D plan, you’ll get access to our FREE weight loss resources, the NuMi® app and The Leaf®, which are packed with guidelines for beginners, activity recommendations and all the encouragement you need to get off on the right foot.
While some of the menu items may look off-limits for those living with diabetes, they’re actually healthier versions of your favorite foods, designed with the right balance of fiber-rich, low-glycemic carbs, lean proteins, healthy fats and no more than 12 grams of sugar in each meal.
These nutrients help you digest glucose slowly to prevent blood sugar spikes, while keeping you full and satisfied.
Pantry-perfect meals and snacks are our non-frozen menu items. They’re prepared and packaged using a “soft-canning” method, which seals in nutrition and flavor. That way, you get fresh-tasting foods that don’t require refrigeration, and are ready to go whenever you are!
You’ll receive FREE shipping in the Continental U.S. only, on every plan shipment.
Your order will be delivered to your home in 1 to 10 business days. A majority of shipments are delivered within 7 business days!
We’ll email you a tracking number when each order ships, so you can stay informed on the delivery date.
Your frozen foods will be packed in a specially designed cooler with dry ice to keep everything frozen for approximately six hours upon delivery. Nutrisystem is committed to reducing the environmental impact of our products. Our fresh frozen coolers are now more sustainable than ever:
- 92% Biodegradable† - Throw it away with regular trash and let nature safely break it down.
- Reusable and Recyclable - Made with thermally robust and eco-friendly materials. Recycle with polystyrene products at your local recycling center.
- Groundbreaking Technology - Strong and secure with the same look, feel and functionality you've come to know and trust.
What is the 50% off sale?
Here’s how it works:
- Pay for two months up front today and SAVE 50% on the full retail price of both shipments. (Don't worry—you won't receive two months at once! Your second shipment will be sent 4 weeks after the first.)
- Bonus savings: After your second shipment, you'll continue to receive 50% OFF the full retail price for all future shipments!
- With this option, you get the benefits of auto-delivery, including automatic billing and shipping every 4 weeks, and you can pause, update or cancel your order anytime with no $125 charge.
Plus, you’ll receive these bonus freebies with any 4-week plan order:
- 7 Protein Shakes FREE with your first order†—with chromium to BURN FAT,* probiotics to help shrink your belly,* plus 15g of protein and 6g fiber to keep you full and satisfied.
- FREE Shipping—on every shipment!†
Want to save 50% now?
There's no promo code needed! Here's how to activate your savings:
Edit Your Delivery from step 3 in your plan options, choose the SAVE 50% option and you're all set to save!
†Free shakes with any 4-week plan, first shipment only. Plus, free Continental U.S. shipping on all 4-week plan orders.*As part of a healthy diet and exercise program.
*Unpublished analyses combining all Nutrisystem D participants from two clinical studies. In both studies, Nutrisystem D participants were provided three meals and one snack each day for three months, and attended counseling sessions. Today the Nutrisystem D program allows you to enjoy Flex meals, which are two breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on your own each week, and unlimited counseling is available either online or by telephone. Insulin users were not included in the first study. Both studies were funded by Nutrisystem.
Nutrisystem D is a portion-controlled, low-fat, reduced-calorie, comprehensive program designed to help people with Type 2 Diabetes achieve meaningful weight loss. It does not treat or cure diabetes, and is not a substitute for diabetes medications. Anyone on insulin or oral diabetes medications who goes on a low-calorie diet may be at risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if medications are not adjusted. Your physician may need to adjust your medications due to changes in your diet, exercise or weight while on this program. Consult your physician before starting this or any other diet plan.